GRANT STRATEGY 2010
Robert Key co-founded the Elton John AIDS Foundation with Sir Elton in 1993. He was instrumental in its development and growth as both Executive Director and Trustee until his death in October 2009. In his memory, the trustees of the Foundation have established a new grant fund to honour his passion and dedication to advancing the rights and needs of those most marginalised by the AIDS epidemic.
This fund is now actively seeking applications for work to advance the rights or meet the needs of people living with HIV/AIDS from vulnerable or marginalised communities.
Frontline organisations undertaking this work with the active participation of people living with HIV/AIDS (PLWHA) and marginalised communities are encouraged apply. Each application should be grounded in an analysis of local needs and be able to predict clear and measurable benefits from the proposed work for a defined group of individuals living with HIV/AIDS.
Grant applicants must:
• Demonstrate a tangible benefit for individuals living with HIV/AIDS
• Work with those excluded from mainstream HIV/AIDS programmes due to circumstances (e.g. prison populations) or marginalisation (e.g. transgender communities)
• Prove strong involvement and participation of target communities.
• Have clear entry and exit strategies for direct support to individuals
• Be able to measure and demonstrate results of previous work
• Work in one of EJAF’s programme countries*
• Be a registered not for profit organisation
Applications will be considered for awards from £10-60,000 per year and may be for single or multi-year programmes.
If you are interested in applying to this fund please download and submit a concept note using the form attached to the right of this page. You will need to demonstrate clearly how you meet the above criteria. Emphasis will be placed on community led organisations and those working in partnership with other service providers.
* ASIA: Bangladesh, Cambodia, India, Nepal; AFRICA: Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia; EUROPE: Republic of Ireland, Russian Federation, UK, Ukraine.